Last updated: May 1, 2023
This page includes headshots and a bio for Nick Gray, as well as cocktail party photos, testimonials, and more.
Biography for Nick Gray
Here’s a bio about the author of The 2-Hour Cocktail Party:
Nick Gray moved to New York City with very few friends and less-than-stellar social skills. But Nick craved new relationships and exciting opportunities. He started hosting non-traditional parties—a move that opened doors he never could have imagined.
Today, after hosting hundreds of 2-hour parties, he counts business owners, artists, and inspiring teachers among a circle of friends that helped him launch a multi-million dollar company called Museum Hack. Featured in The New York Times and The Wall Street Journal, Nick has been called a host of “culturally significant parties” by New York Magazine.
You can find him as @NickGrayNews on most social media platforms and at www.NickGray.net
Please link to:
Author social media links
About the book The 2-Hour Cocktail Party
This is the back cover copy from the paperback edition:
You know that well-connected friend who only exists in the movies? The one who throws the best parties and can set up any introduction you need?
Everyone wants to know someone magical like this who brings people together. The secret is: you can be that person. You should be that person. The 2-Hour Cocktail Party will show you how.
Discover a simple formula with step-by-step instructions to host parties that help you meet new people, strengthen your existing relationships, and make you the person everyone wants to know.
You’ll learn which days are the best (probably not the ones you think!) and what to say to the first people who arrive. Read how to ensure your invitations get responses and your guests show up excited to mingle. Plus, get helpful pre-party checklists and a breakdown of activities to encourage new connections.
With The 2-Hour Cocktail Party, you’ll make new friends, boost your career, and leave everyone asking. “When’s your next party?”
Nick Gray’s Headshots
Social media icon
You can also download this file as a transparent PNG.
- Download PNG of book cover
- Download PNG of book cover (RGB)
- Download PNG of book cover (CMYK)
- Download PDF of book cover (RGB)
- Download PDF of book cover (CMYK)
3D Images of the Book
Party Photos from The 2-Hour Cocktail Party
Here are some images from parties that Nick has hosted, or parties that readers of the book have hosted, using the methods of The 2-Hour Cocktail Party.
Articles and Press
- Why You Should Host a Party to Grow Your Network (And Use Name Tags)
- The 2-Hour Cocktail Party
- How to Throw a Party in a Small Apartment
- The Conversation Factory with Daniel Stillman
- Author Nation Interviews with Melody Ann
- Success Profiles Radio with Brian K Wright
- One Sharp Sword with Dr. Wayne Pernell
- The Rev Real Estate School Podcast with Michael Montgomery
- The Scott Townsend Show
- Famous Interviews with Joe Dimino
- The Action Catalyst
- FounderStory by Cloud Devs
- The Story in Your Head with Ron Macklin and Deb Dendy
- You Can Make Friends Podcast with Louisa Liska
- He Said, She Said: Razor Branding Podcast with Jaci & Michael
- Sketch Comedy Podcast Show with Stuart Rice
- The Lifestyle Investor with Justin Donald
- Screw the Commute with Tom Antion
- Work and Live Large with Leanne Hughes
- All the Hacks with Chris Hutchins
- My Wakeup Call with Dr. Mark Goulston
- From MD to Entrepreneur with Dr. Pranay Parikh
- Work From Your Happy Place with Belinda Ellsworth
- Entrepreneur’s Enigma with Seth Goldstein
- Writer on the Side Podcast with Hassan Osman
- The Authentic Gay Man Podcast with Coach Maddox
- Tech Money Podcast with Malcolm Ethridge
- The Art of Curation with Mia Quagliarello
- Buy Grow Sell Podcast with Simon Bedard
- Friendship Futurism Podcast with Bill Mei
- Do The Thing with Stacey Lauren
- Coffee + BS with Travis Hinman
- Money for Lunch with Bert Martinez
- Entrepreneur MBA Podcast with Stephen Halasnik
- The Mountain Top Podcast with Scot McKay
- Coffee with Kim Kaupe
- The Nik Fuller Show
- Sh*t I Wish I Knew In My Twenties with Debra Alfarone
- Life Self Mastery Podcast with Rohit Malhotra
- Winfluence – The Influence Marketing Podcast with Jason Falls
- Become More Compelling with Jeff Callahan
- OkDork by Noah Kagan
- Forcing Function Hour with Chris Sparks
- The Meaning Movement with Dan Cumberland: Building a Network, Hosting Cocktail Parties, and the Importance of Hobby Projects with Nick Gray
- The Family Vacationer: Traveling with Other Families
- Episode 217: How To Host A Cocktail Party and Life Hacks
Link to buy the book
Easy to use advice for anyone to host a party, even introverts like me. Want to host great parties? Want to build your network and career? Take Nick’s framework in this book and learn how.
David Hauser, Founder of Grasshopper, Vanilla, Chargify + more
Nick’s book is the most practical, no-fluff instruction on how to throw an incredible and memorable event. It’s part self-help, part personal growth, and full of actionable steps you can take today to build big relationships and become a connector.
Cathryn Lavery, CEO and Co-Founder of BestSelf
If you’ve been a hermit during COVID, or if you haven’t been able to meet many new people over the past few years, this book is your chance to re-ignite your relationships and change your life.
Dorie Clark, Professor at The Fuqua School of Business of Duke University, Author of The Long Game
As someone who recently moved to a new city and is looking for a way to meet new people, this book is the perfect step-by-step guide to build a community.
Michael Karnjanaprakorn, Founder of Otis and Skillshare