To host your own 2-hour cocktail party, follow these basic tips:
- Decide you’re going to host a party and commit to it.
- Pick a date for your party three weeks from now, ideally on a Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday night.
- Keep the length of your party to two hours.
- Invite your friends, colleagues, and neighbors.
- Ask everyone to RSVP and confirm their attendance.
- Space out three reminder messages with fun, relevant information.
At the party, do these four things:
- Use name tags with first names only.
- Facilitate three quick icebreakers.
- Take a group photo.
- End the party on time.
Follow those guidelines, and you’ll have a gathering better than most.